Friday, May 3, 2013

April's Activities

As I said in an earlier post, April was a VERY busy month for us.  We had something on the schedule every single weekend!  I am hoping to make up for it by keeping May relatively low key.


We started off the month with a giant, community-wide Easter Egg Hunt that our church puts on every year.  Eva had a blast with her friends.  It's a little overwhelming for me, since my introverted nature doesn't do well in big crowds.  But Eva is a bona fide extrovert and thrives at events like these. 

 
 
The next weekend, we went on a tour of a local farm, Wil-Moore Farm.
We regularly buy butter and eggs that were produced on their farm, so it was fun to see where they come from.  We also bought some ground beef and milk from them during the tour.
 
 
The weekend after that, we went to see Disney on Ice with some friends.  I don't have any pictures from that, though.  The next weekend was Eva's birthday party.  She wanted to go to Monkey Joe's to play, followed by lunch at a Mexican restaurant and frozen yogurt at Sweet Frog.
 
 
 
A few days later, we decided to make a day trip to Charleston, SC.  I love this town.  I considered going to the College of Charleston, and I kind of wish that I would have!  Maybe Eva will...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The last weekend in April was the USMC Mud Run.  My dad, brother, and brother-in-law ran it with me and we had a blast!  It is a 10k trail through the woods with 36 obstacles to complete.
Eva did the kid version and loved it.  This will definitely be something we do every year!
 
 
Eva and Uncle Tommy going through the kids' race
 
 
Before
After





 


No comments:

Post a Comment