Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mrs. Love is calling!

I decided to do a homeschool lesson on 1 Corinthians Love. You know, "love is patient, love is kind...." I got this lesson from a couple of really awesome homeschooling blogs. It was supposed to be a Valentine's Day lesson, but due to recent incidents, I felt Eva could you a refresher course on how to love others ;-)

All day, the song by Toby Mac was running through my head: "This is love calling..." However, Eva has acute lyricosis, and she sings the song "Mrs. Love is calling..." Hence, the name of this post.

So anyway, I told her about the lesson the night before, and she was really excited about it! She usually is not very eager to do homeschooling, but on this day, she came and woke me up asking when we were going to do school! I think I am going to start doing more themed lessons, since she loves it so much.

Here are some pictures from our Love Day:



...Playing a game that teaches 1 Corinthians 13...




...Memory Verse...


...Our first ever lapbook...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when kids get the lyrics wrong! I guess this lesson explains why, the other day, Eva told me "love is patient." I must have been getting a little crabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. acute lyricosis... runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete